Video online: Panel discussion on Social Theory for Research in Pandemic Times at the University of Warwick
In November, at the University of Warwick, I participated in a panel discussion on the role of social theory in analyzing Corona. I contributed thoughts on democratic and populist biopolitics. We had an inspiring exchange about Corona biopolitics in India, the UK, and Germany, and the right theoretical tools to criticize these politics. I thank Goldie Osuri, Niharika Pandit und Caryn Thandi Petersen for the great event and I am happy that the video is now online.
Link to all videos
(intro, two papers, moderated discussion, audience discussion)
My paper on democratic and populist biopolitics.
- New Article in Body Politics: A New Era of Queer Politics? PrEP, Foucauldian Sexual Liberation, and the Overcoming of Homonormativity, 4. May 2022
- New Publication: Biopolitics of COVID-19: Capitalist Continuities and Democratic Openings (interalia), 6. January 2022
- Talk (25.11, 16h, Online-Panel) at the University of Warwick: Social Research in Pandemic Times, 23. November 2020
- Expert (for Biopolitics) at the Market for Useful Knowledge & Non-Knowledge @ Kampnagel Hamburg - Coronaean Times, about states, strategies and bodies in crisis, 25. September 2020
- Video online: Panel discussion on Corona, Biopolitics an Inequality @ Kampnagel Hamburg, 15. August 2020