English Review of ‘Freedom as Critique’ (Freiheit als Kritik)
Today, the first English-language review of my book ‘Freedom as Critique. Social Philosophy After Foucault’ (Freiheit als Kritik. Sozialphilosophie nach Foucault) was published in Foucault Studies. I am very happy that the detailed review finally makes the book known to the English-speaking world and of course about the praise of the reviewer Jonas Lang:
Everyone interested in Foucault, the contestation of modern universality by “postmodern” philosophy or contemporary political theory in general - preferably all of these topics - will benefit immensely from Schubert’s insights.
Here is the link to the review in Foucault Studies.
Here is the monograph ‘Freedom as Critique’.
And here there is the article “Freedom as Critique. Foucault Beyond Anarchism” published in Philosophy & Social Critism, which contains selected arguments of the monograph in English.
- New Article in Body Politics: A New Era of Queer Politics? PrEP, Foucauldian Sexual Liberation, and the Overcoming of Homonormativity, 4. May 2022
- French and German Publication: Libération sexuelle et nouvelle sexualité queer avec la PrEP / Sexuelle Befreiung und neue queere Sexualität durch PrEP, 30. January 2022
- New Publication: Biopolitics of COVID-19: Capitalist Continuities and Democratic Openings (interalia), 6. January 2022
- Publication: The Last Universalism. Foucault's Freedom and the Justification of Radical Democracy in Postfundamentalism, in 'The Political (in) Political Theory', 6. October 2021
- September program: Foucault and sexual liberation, academic freedom and authoritarianism, identity politics and polarization, the future of radical democracy, neoliberalism and anti-genderism, 5. September 2021
2022-10-12 09:00 +0200