This text has been automatically translated without proofreading.
At “HIV in Dialogue” in the Rotes Rathaus, Berlin I will talk about PrEP and biopolitics, especially how pharmaceutical technology changes gay subjectivity and gay sex and can be part of the fight against stigmatisation and homophobia.
Friday, 30.8, 16.45 in the Festsaal.
Soundbites from the Lecture
Description of the panel
“PrEP: Perspectives and Perspectives”
Fr. 16:45 - 18:15 - Festsaal
The PrEP is currently literally on everyone’s lips. On the one hand, because more and more people are taking the PrEP in Berlin or Germany, on the other hand, because the PrEP will be available from September as a cash benefit. Reason enough for us to deal with the interim analyses of the PrEP500 (Christoph Weber) in this event and to discuss the state of affairs for the upcoming PrEP health insurance approval (Axel Baumgarten). In addition, we want to take a closer look at the discourses triggered by PrEP and thus dare to look at a more comprehensive presentation of the PrEP phenomenon.
Discourses of PrEP and biopolitics (Karsten Schubert, University of Freiburg)
How to run the PrEP500, short presentation of the cohort and interim analysis
(Christoph Weber, Checkpoint BLN)
- What is the state of affairs? Implementation in the SHI system
(Robin Rüsenberg, dagnä e.V.)
Karsten Schubert (Research Assistant Professor of Political Theory and Philosophy, Albert-Ludwigs-University Freiburg)
Robin Rüsenberg (Managing Director dagnä e.V., Berlin)
Christoph Weber (Moderation; Checkpoint BLN)
Article on the topic
Click here for the post about the article on “The Democratic Biopolitics of PrEP”.
- New Article in Body Politics: A New Era of Queer Politics? PrEP, Foucauldian Sexual Liberation, and the Overcoming of Homonormativity, 4. May 2022
- French and German Publication: Libération sexuelle et nouvelle sexualité queer avec la PrEP / Sexuelle Befreiung und neue queere Sexualität durch PrEP, 30. January 2022
- PrEP as Democratic Biopolitics. On the Critique of the Biopolitical Repression Hypothesis - New Publication in the Yearbook Sexualities, 9. July 2020
- Video online: PrEP changes Sex. Gay Subjectivity, Biopolitics, and Democracy, Keynote at taz Berlin, 4. March 2020
- Publication: Dispute over HIV-PrEP: Stigma, homophobia and the liberation of gay sexuality on magazin.hiv, 25. January 2020